We require the following upon pick-up:
1) Two copies of the health certificate issued and dated by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of flight departure, in addition to sending the original in an envelope to be delivered with your pet; a temperature acclimation should also be included for travel by air. Note: We also require a health certificate dated within ten days for transportation by ground.
2) Pets must be 8 weeks old to be transported. The pets age must be indicated on the health certificate. If your pet is (12) weeks or older, you must provide a valid rabies certificate. The rabies vaccination must be administered by a licensed veterinarian in accordance with airline restrictions. A combined health / rabies certificate is also acceptable.
3) You are welcome to include health records or registration papers in a small envelope (approx. 5x7) to be attached to the kennel. Please note: We cannot guarantee the loss of additional paperwork in transit. We recommend mailing important documents. We will not be responsible for any paperwork lost during transit.
4) We provide NutriSource puppy food during travel and also attached to the kennel, unless you prefer to supply your own in a ziploc bag (less than 16 oz.).
5) A disposable identification collar for your pet, listing the first and last name of the receiving party; this ensures that your pet can be easily identified and paired with the appropriate pre-labeled carrier. A standard collar with an ID tag should be included when transporting an adult dog or a large breed puppy.
6) In addition to providing a health certificate from a licensed veterinarian stating that your pet is in good health, your pet must also appear to be healthy and well groomed on the date of travel. Please do not administer any medication to sedate your pet prior to travel.
7) Please present the Written Certification Consignment Form (click for form), completed and signed prior to pick up. This form states that you have fed and watered your pet within four hours of transportation through Ozark Jet a Pet, as required by the USDA. The form will be attached to your pet's primary enclosure (the travel carrier) to accompany your pet en route.
8) Please have your veterinarian fill out the American Airlines Breed Verification and Acclimation Form for every pet flying. This form is an American Airlines requirement. We are asking all customers to have their veterinarian fill this form out for each pet, no matter which airline your pet is scheduled on. This way if there is a flight issue and we need to switch airlines at the airport the appropriate changes can be made, and the pet can still travel and is not restricted to one airline.
9) Payment is accepted in the following forms: Personal checks, Cash, Cashier's checks, Credit Cards (by phone), and Paypal transfers. A 3.1% processing fee will be added to credit card and Paypal transactions.
PayPal Link: www.Paypal.me/OzarkJetAPet
Note: Additional items are not permitted inside or outside of the travel kennel (e.g. toys, blankets, medications, etc.), per airline restrictions.
Two Pets Traveling Together
Two pets traveling in one travel carrier must be:
Under six months of age
Under 20.0 pounds each
Comparable in size
Travel Kennel Dimensions
Please refer to the following travel kennel dimensions to determine the appropriate size for your pet.
Listed as: Length x Width x Height
- 100 Series 21X 14X 13.5
- 200 Series 23X 16X 15
- 300 Series 25X 19X 20
- 350 Series 32X 22.5X 24
- 400 Series 36X 25X 27
- 500 Series 40X 27X 30
Note: The travel kennel must be large enough for your pet to sit, stand, turn around and rest comfortably without touching the sides or top of the kennel. Your pet should also have 2-3 inches of clearance above the top of the head while standing.
Airline temperature restrictions are in place for the safety and well-being of the pet being shipped as cargo and vary based on the airline your pet is traveling with.
All pets being shipped as cargo travel in a climate controlled and pressurized environment on the plane. The airline will only accept pets for travel on aircraft that is well equipped to accommodate live animals.
When referring to temperature restrictions, this is the the outdoor temperature in which your pet will be transferred for a brief period between the plane and cargo facility or arriving airport (location is dependent on the destination city). Please also be advised, some airlines provide climate controlled transportation upon arrival in select cities.
The temperature acclimation for your pet should be at the discretion of your veterinarian. The airline will adhere to the acclimation your veterinarian provides and your pet will not be accepted for travel in temperatures ranging above the high or beneath the low listed.
Please see below for temperature restrictions specific to the airline and pet breed.
(AA) American Airlines
20°F-85°F degrees year-round (with an acclimation provided).
American Airlines permanently embargoes all brachycephalic (snub-nosed) breeds for travel as cargo.
Required Document for American Airlines Bookings
The form below must be filled out for all reservations scheduled via American Airlines. We ask that you have the form filled out for all reservations, no matter which airline your pet is scheduled for. This way if there is a flight issue at the airport and we need to switch airlines, we will have all the necessary documents.
(DL) Delta Airlines
20°F-80°F degrees year-round for long-nosed breeds (with an acclimation provided).
Effective October 1st, 2016: Delta Airlines permanently embargoes all brachycephalic (snub-nosed) breeds for travel as cargo.
(UA) United Airlines
United Airlines does not currently have a temperature restriction as this airline offers climate controlled transportation in select cities through the PetSafe Program.
Required Documents For United Pet Safe Bookings
A photo or scanned copy of your pet’s health certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian at least 3 days prior to the flight date. (Issued within 10 days of flight departure. The day the exam is completed is day 1.)
One photo of your pet clearly showing their face at least 5 days prior to the flight date.
Example of Photo Requirements
(AS) Alaska Airlines
Alaska Airlines temperature restrictions vary station to station, as many destinations in Alaska offer climate controlled transportation upon arrival.
Please contact us for more information regarding destinations and routings, as availability is limited departing St. Louis via Alaska Air.
Effective October 30th, 2014: Alaska Airlines permanently embargoes all brachycephalic (snub-nosed) breeds for travel as cargo.
We do not recommend shipping your pet when temperatures are below 20°F degrees in cities which do not offer temperature controlled transportation.